“For we are co-workers in God’s service.” 1 Cor 3:9
The Mount Olivet Community Assistance program is supported by various churches, organizations, businesses and friends of our members. We strive to expand our network of supporters so that this ministry can truly be representative of the “community” providing assistance to those who need it.
- About 20% of our volunteers come from other churches in our area, including Calloway UMC, our African-American sister congregation, and Cherrydale UMC.
- We are a part of GRACE Ministries of the United Methodist Church, a ministry and community outreach serving low income families living in Northern Virginia.
- We have an affiliation with BB&T Bank. They support us with regular volunteers, and in the past, have purchased Giant Food cards for us to distribute.
- We receive our bread from the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) every month.
- The Arlington Community Foundation gave us a grant at Christmas for Goodwill vouchers.
- Giant Food corporation sells us Giant Food gift cards at a discounted price.
- We have received support from the Arlington District of the Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church. The District includes 46 churches in parts of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon and Prince William Counties.
- Several volunteers have been referred to us by Mount Olivet members – people with whom they work and have shared their excitement about this ministry. Other volunteers have been driving by, seen our event, and asked to join us.