Mount Olivet’s next blood drive will be on Tuesday, June 12 from 2:00 - 8:00 pm at Cherrydale UMC. Look for the signup table in the Gathering Space a few weeks before the drive, or call the church office at 703.527.3934 to set up an appointment.
Top ten reasons to give blood:
10. You’ll get free juice and homemade cookies.
9. You’ll weigh less—one pint less when you leave than when you came in.
8. It’s easy and convenient. It only takes about an hour and you can make the donation close to your home.
7. It’s something you can spare—most people have blood to spare... yet there’s still not enough to go around.
6. Nobody can ask you to do any heavy lifting as long as you have the bandage on. You can wear it for as long as you like. It’s your badge of honor.
5. You will walk a little taller afterwards—you’ll feel good about yourself.
4. You’ll be helping to ensure that blood is there when you or someone close to you may need it.
3. It’s something you can do on equal footing with the rich and famous—blood is something money can’t buy. And, there’s no other substitute for it.
2. You’ll be someone’s hero—you may give a newborn, a child, a mother or a father, a brother, or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you may help save up to three lives with just one donation.
And, the No. 1 reason to give blood… By the time you finish reading this list, at least three people will need blood.
The time is now. Be a blood donor.